I Only Dry Heaved Five Times

Soon after starting work at my current location, I met a boy. We'll call him Curry Boy. We found out quickly that we both had a love for curry, so one night I invited him to my house for curry dinner. It was a really great dinner. He then promised me that he would one day invite me over for his famous curry recipe.

It hasn't happened yet, but three weeks ago, he made curry for a party for coworkers that he hosted. I couldn't go because I was feeling ill that day. Curry Boy decided to bring the curry to work for me---a week after the party.

I was going to eat it that day, but the problem was that I'd just moved into my new place and I certainly didn't have any rice. So I left it in the fridge at work. And left it in the fridge and left it in the fridge and left it in the fridge.

Today, three weeks after the curry was originally made, the office manager cleaned out the fridge and asked all the employees to claim their tupperware and rotten food. So today, I had to admit to Curry Boy that not only did I not eat his delicious curry, I also left it in the fridge at work to rot. He said, "No! Now I have to clean out a container full of rotten curry?" I volunteered to do it since it was my fault that the curry was still there.

I went to the custodial closet to find a plastic bag in which to seal the offending food. I also considered grabbing the mask, safety goggles, and heavy-duty rubber gloves. I reallly should have.

I took the curry to the break room so that I could dispose of it in the largest trash bin available. When I opened the lid, I started to retch. My entire body went cold. My skin turned to gooseflesh. And I dry heaved upwards of five times.



I'd tell you that next time I'll eat the curry right away, but I don't think that Curry Boy is ever going to feed me his curry again.

5 comments:

Nemesis said...

Wow. That's disgusting.

But speaking of curry, have you ever had the masaman up at Thai Chili Garden? Heaven, I tell you. :-)

Cooper said...

I wondered what that smell was wafting in from the break room. I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune, but think of it this way: at least you didn't have to eat his curry and lie to him to make him think it was good.

Tolkien Boy said...

You should make him some pasta to make up. The one with the bacon. MMMM.

I once had to throw out a pumpkin that had gone rotten in the store. I had to do it handfuls. Retch, retch, retch.

Cicada said...

Savvymom, the reference to being Canadian was very subtle, but it was there. If you will notice, the letters C-A-N-A-D-A appear in this post, hidden cleverly within other words.

Red said...

I hate to admit this but if some old curry made you dry heave you should never, NEVER explore my ice box!