Dominant Female

On the way to work today, I told my fellow bussing coworkers that my brother finally moved in yesterday. One girl commented that that must be so nice---she loves house-living because it's different from apartment-living. With house-living, you can put your stuff where you want it. With apartment-living, there is usually one dominant female who approves or disapproves all decisions.

I think that house apartment still has a dominant female.

So back to The Boy moving in... The other day, a friend dropped by to see my place. He even brought by a house warming gift (men can be so thoughtful sometimes!). It was a set of red decorative bottles that he had picked up at the D.I. He thought that maybe with my creativity, I could somehow make them work with the decor of my kitchen. Otherwise, he said, I could give them to Ambrosia and there would be no hard feelings. I wasn't sure if I could make it work, but I thought I'd give it a try.

So I put them on top of the fridge for the moment until the rest of my kitchen was cleaned and organized (at the moment, the buffet was serving as a tool bench and all counter space was being occupied by painting materials). As soon as The Boy walked into the house, he walked past my cool bulletin board in the living room that I had made myself. He walked past the table and chair set that I had spent hours painting and reupholstering. He walked straight to the new red decorative bottles and said, "These are awesome."

I guess I'll find a way to make them work.

3 comments:

Cooper said...

We men are the simplest of creatures. It's always good when a woman learns this fact.

ambrosia ananas said...

Yeah. They're really fabulous vases or whatevers. Best that you keep them--they match your apartment, and I really don't have a place to put them right now.

I think my favorite thing is when boys bring chocolate. Mmmmm.

Red said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.