Lucky Guy

Murray Terreno di Amore is the luckiest guy on earth. See Exhibit A.

Exhibit A: The Wife.

That's right. He's married to me. The lucky sucker!

I'm at home sick today. Hey, wasn't I at home sick last week? Why yes, I was, thank you for asking. Last week, it was pounding headache, sore throat, fever, and body aches. But that was so last week. This week, probably due to not giving myself time to get over being sick last week, it's fire lung (the official medical term to describe how my lungs feel), no voice (which is kindof fun and at least gives absolute authenticity when you call in sick to work), and constant cough. Plus Nyquil addiction.

Today I'm treating myself differently than I did last week when I was sick. Last week, I decided to be productive despite my sickness, and even ventured outside the home a couple times to run some much needed errands. Even though I was sick, I technically put in a good 15 hours of work between the two days I stayed home. Today I'm trying a completely different way. I have had---count 'em---three naps today. I cannot possibly remember the last time that I had three naps in one day, but I was probably still wearing diapers at the time. I've made lots of progress on my book club book (A Conspiracy of Paper, which I already recommend, not having yet completed it). And I talked (whispered, really) to my mom on the phone. That's about it.

Through it all, Murray has taken great care of me. I can't believe he hasn't gotten sick yet. Last week he brought me soup from Rumbi's. Today for lunch, be brought me soup from Zupa's. This guy's got good taste! Most of all, he's been great at being affectionate, doting, and loving, even though I look like crap. (See Exhibit A again.)

(Although I will be staying home from work tomorrow too [which is my normal day off from work] I make no promises not to start cleaning up and organizing the guest room/storage room in preparation for Switchback coming to visit in two weeks.)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You can't pin this one on me!

Also, get better soon.

Hannah said...

Ick. I am sorry you are so sick!

MTDA said...

I AM a lucky man, this much is true.

Anonymous said...

Ooooooooh, poor, sick Cicada! I hope you feel better soon. I'm glad that Murray is taking proper care of you. Because if he weren't... **shakes fist menacingly**

ambrosia ananas said...

And despite being sick, you still helped me with Illustrator questions. Many thanks.

Hope the fire lung is abating and you get more naps today.

Anonymous said...

Is it morning sickness?

*snicker snicker*