No Longer Numb, But Feeling

Sweet mother of pearl, the freezing wore off!

How does the good doctor actually expect me to get around without a pair of crutches! I swear, the more time passes, the more my foot hurts! And I think that Ambrosia went to the library to study because she was tired of me making her go to the grocery store for me, fetch me a glass of Crystal Light, fetch me my medicine from upstairs, fetch me a glass of Crystal Light... But what am I to do!? I really had to go to the bathroom a few minutes ago and of course there was no toilet paper in the main floor bathroom---there never is when you want there to be---so I had to actually go up the stairs, which hurt a lot more than the last time I went up the stairs an hour ago!

I'm supposed to be moving this weekend!

What on Earth did he do to my foot?? If steroids are actually this crippling, how do althletes possibly use them and succeed!? I mean, at least my foot was usable before today---not perfect, but certainly usable---now I'm an absolute cripple! I am not Cicada, the brave! I am not Cicada, the resilient! I am Cicada, the gives herself a day off work whenever she sneezes! The pain I'm going through right now is worth a month off of work! The doctor should be paying me!

And now I'm also experiencing a cold sweat, and I don't know if it's because I turned up the air conditioning and the day's sweat is now freezing to my body or if it's because my body cannot tolerate the pain that it is experiencing! I may not actually survive this! And I'm craving chocolate!

Ohhhhhh, the horror! The horror!

5 comments:

ambrosia ananas said...

Does it make me a bad friend and/or roommate if I read this and laughed?

I'm sorry that your foot was hurting again, dear. I promise I didn't leave because of the crystal lite. I left because I couldn't handle seeing you bat your eyes at me like that again. :) Oh, what those drugs will do.

Anyhoo, I'm glad the foot's feeling better this morning.

daltongirl said...

The critical question is, are you able to read HP over all the pain? B/c if you're not, you need to call the doctor.

Did he tell you that the foot would be unusable for two days, or did he say it should feel better right away? A friend of mine who had regular epidurals for back pain said sometimes it would get better immediately, and sometimes it would get worse. I don't know if that is the same thing or not.

Nemesis said...

You should definitely take like a week off work, I think. Do you need me to bring you some chocolate?

Anonymous said...

Do you want me to show you a little trick to take your mind off that foot? Let me see your finger.

Tolkien Boy said...

Nice allusion. Read the book all the way through. ;)