Apumpabolt Conditioner

At work:

For some reason, a married male coworker---we'll call him MMC---and I were talking about use of shampoo vs. conditioner. He said that shampoo is used much more quickly than is conditioner. I didn't agree. I said that I had a pumpable shampoo bottle and a pumpable conditioner bottle and so I just gave myself the same number of pumps of each every time I washed my hair, so I always had even amounts of each.

It took him a second to get it, because he thought I said that I had "Apumpabolt" shampoo---as in a name brand or something.

Ambrosia turned around and joined the conversation---she asked if I really used the same amount, because she uses more conditioner than she uses shampoo. MMC was arguing the opposite---more shampoo, less conditioner. (To MMC, conditioner is a new concept. He never had a need for it before marriage, but now that it's in the shower stall anyway, he chooses to apply some so that his own hair comes out silky and smooth.)

Ambrosia at one point added that too much conditioner makes hair shiney and limp. I guess I didn't really catch the part where she said "too much" because I thought that she was using the word "limp" to describe one of the positive effects of conditioner.

And suddenly we had a new product...

3 comments:

ambrosia ananas said...

Ahh, Apumpabolt conditioner. My favorite. :)

And I just *love* the greens on that bottle. (Not that I would admit it to you, but I would be tempted to buy a shirt in that color. No, not the puke-colored one.)

daltongirl said...

I might be tempted to try Apumbabolt, because I find that I use a lot more shampoo than conditioner. My particular brand of conditioner doesn't give pleasing results if I use too much.

Also, I almost bought a shirt in that color (yes, the puke-colored one) because it was on sale at Target for $2. Then I came to my senses and realized that the shirt looked like puke, and I had no business wearing it, no matter how cute the style was, or how cheap it was.

Tolkien Boy said...

hmmm...maybe I could just puke on a shirt I already own,and save myself some money...