Well folks, it's true. I've been nominated for best Utah Mommy Blogger. This is such an honor, especially as I've only been mommy blogging for four months now. I'd love for you all to vote for me, even though I feel I'm the sleeper in this whole thing. I mean, how can I win against the big guns like Petit Elefant? Or Dooce?? (Dooce lives almost next door to my brother and sister-in-law, and I considered dropping by on Friday to introduce myself as her competition...) Now HOLD ON THERE. Don't click over to the link I'm about to give you to go vote for Petit Elefant and Dooce. I want all your votes. Help out the underdog, will you? VOTE HERE!!!
And right now, you're probably asking what's in it for me? Why should you take the 15 seconds to click over to another site and submit your vote? (And do it from every computer you own.) Well, this is my promise to you. If I win Best Utah Mommy Blogger, I make the following promises:
1) I will share more stories about poop. Like about how Gulliver's poop schedule is changing and I can't handle the not knowing. And for the past two weeks, he's blown out of a diaper in a major way at least once a day, and I just did laundry last night and was up to my elbows in poop, Spray N Wash, and Oxiclean.
2) I will post a picture of myself in a sports bra.
3) I'll post more pictures like this:
4) I will post more videos, like the upcoming short film, "What Gulliver Does When I Try to Suction Out His Snot."
5) I will post every day for one month.
6) I will get pregnant again this year.
As you can see from a small sampling of vote tallies, I'm holding strong at 6% of the vote. (And yes, that is after I ceremoniously cast my ballot for myself!)
Please go and vote! PLEASE!
UPDATE: I'm in the lead! Keep the votes coming!