18-24

Well, this weekend was a double anniversary weekend. Except that sometimes our anniversaries confuse us, so we both kindof missed it. Saturday was the 2-year anniversary of our first date when we first met. To celebrate, we had El Senor over for breakfast. (This was before we realized it was the 2-year anniversary of when we met.) And by "breakfast" I mean we ate at 1:00.

I had been meaning to go to the Farmer's Market because Azucar blogged about the Belgian Waffles there. But I woke up at 6:00 to feed Gulliver and it was pouring rain. And then I woke up at 8:00 to feed Gulliver and it was pouring rain. And then I woke up at 10:00 to feed Gulliver and it was pouring rain. So much for Belgian waffles (I hear they weren't even there... see you all next week?). But I needed some amazing breakfast to make up for the waffle let down, and I decided that deluxe French toast would fit the bill. When El Senor called to ask if he could come over for design help, I told him that I'd be feeding him French toast, and then he suggested Nutella-stuffed French toast, which he had seen somewhere.

I was up for the challenge. Also, I needed to make up for the crappy "Nutella" crepes that I had at IHOP a few months ago that were the biggest Nutella let down in the world. I think that the recipe used---no joke---1 tsp of Nutella.

I went to Wammart and bought manager's special egg bread and Nutella (I don't keep it in my house because I will eat it all and to this day I have always held strong and not bought the double pack of large jars at Costco for only $6). And I bought real maple syrup because I was out. So I brought it all home and whipped up Nutella-stuffed French toast with maple syrup dip and a mango yogurt side while Murray and El Senor watched Chopped. I have to say, now that we watch Chopped, I have a much better presenation at my meals. It's like it's always a challenge to come up with a great presentation! I left Murray's French toast unstuffed because he does not agree with the gratuitous addition of chocolate to any recipe. I must say that breakfast was spectacular. And then afterwards, El Senor introduced me to "breakfast dessert"---the oft forgotten course. He took straight nutella, dipped it in straight maple syrup, and topped it with whipped cream. Why oh why do people forget about breakfast dessert?? (When we told Murray about our breakfast dessert, I think he started dry heaving.)

Once we figured out it was the 2-year anniversary of us meeting, we decided to go out to Bombay House, where we first met. I would have worn the same outfit that I originally wore, but apparently I've had too much breakfast dessert in the last two years...

Then Sunday was the 18-month anniversary of our marriage. I celebrated in the morning by spending 15 minutes ironing Gulliver's church clothes. (Minutes spent ironing Murray's church clothes in the past 18 months: 0. But that's because before meeting me he bought only clothing that didn't need to be ironed.) Then we went to church where Gulliver pooed all the way up to his neck, and all over my Sunday dress.

Seriously?

He normally has his biggest BM at around 11:00 a.m. but apparently on Sundays he likes to save it for some time between 1:00 and 2:00.

Anyway. We took a trip down to Moroni with Steve and Cici to meet up with the rest of the family for a niece's birthday party and had a great time playing Memory, eating really good food (my brother-in-law is a turkey farmer and does the best bbqed turkey and baked beans in the world), and playing wii fit, which Murray is convinced is the end to our obeisity.

Happy 18 months and 24 months, Murray. I can honestly say that they've been the best of my life and I love you very, very much.

6 comments:

FoxyJ said...

I'm grateful to know someone else out there is holding out on buying the Costco package of Nutella. We can support each other and stay strong.

That breakfast sounds so awesome; I think I might have to buy some Nutella and make some. But I will get a small jar at World Market, which is right across the street from our house.

And Mr. Fob reminded me the other day that you guys met on my birthday and got married on his. You have good taste. Congrats on your anniversaries!

hairofgold said...

Just buy the Costco size containers and put it in food storage. When that earthquake hits, you'll be wanting some good tasting food until they get you out.

daltongirl said...

I bought that Costco 2-pack once. My kids ate the entire thing in two days. Lesson learned. Some things just shouldn't be purchased at Costco.

Breakfast dessert is something we need to implement at our house, I think.

Bombay House is the best for Significant Events. We went there the night we got engaged.

Unknown said...

Well, I guess I'm glad I didn't get those Nutella crepes when I was at IHOP a few weeks ago.

But now I really want some waffles with Nutella and real maple syrup. Thanks a lot, Cicada.

Sarah Heder said...

Tell Murray not to get too convinced that the wii fit is the end to obesity. Just go outside your house and run or walk fast. We have the wii fit and I'm not so sure about it's working out benefits. Oh wait, am I actually supposed to get on it everyday and do something active? Because it's just sitting under my coffee table right now gathering dust.

KJ said...

whoa...double pack of large jars of nutella! Oh no! for $6? Oh no! I was not aware until this moment. I am in big trouble now. Sistah, I eat that stuff with a spoon, too.