I'm bound to thank you for it.

On Friday night, Murray and I celebrated our one-year anniversary of our first date. Today, I'd like to thank everyone involved in getting us together. I won't go so far as to thank our parents for giving birth to us, or their parents for giving birth to them and so on and so forth, but I would like to express my gratitude for those on my side of things who helped to bring us together.



1) The BYU admissions committee for admitting me.
2) My biggest brother, for dating a girl with the initials KK.
3) KK for recommending me for a job at BYU Independent Study.
4) Stanclax for hiring me at Independent Study, where I could meet Daltongirl, Nemesis, and Sakhmet (Sakhmet only very briefly---she interviewed me for the position and then quit by the time I started, but believe me, she is integral to the way my life has turned out).
5) Nemesis for inviting me into her inner circle of friends and causing me to be in almost daily email contact with Daltongirl and Sakhmet.
6) Ambrosia for convincing me to start a blog.
7) Nemesis for encouraging me to actually write posts on my blog.
8) The most annoying girl I've ever met whose name I can't remember but who I hated in my design class who announced that you could buy the Adobe Creative Suite at the BYU Bookstore for $200. (Obviously this was a few years ago.)
9) The illustrators at IS for getting me interested in Illustrator and teaching me how to use it so that I could redesign my blog in a really appealing way.
10) Sakhmet for putting me in touch with her friend Heather to do some freelance editing.
11) Heather, for linking me on her blog a couple years later. Also, for blogging about something that matched Murray's search term when he was playing around on the Internet one night. (Murray clicked the link she had to my blog and the rest is history...)

Aaaaaaand finally....

12) Al Gore. For inventing the Internet.

9 comments:

Nemesis said...

I'm so glad I got to be influential. And I'm glad that here in your post is a reason why we shouldn't just take away the speaking privileges of the annoying people we hate: Because they might lead you to your true love.

MTDA said...

God bless Al Gore.

I would also like to thank:

The Indian people and their food for giving us a great place to meet and get to know each other.

Taxidermists and the animals they stuffed for also giving us an enjoyable second date.....

I could go on, but I shall not steal your thunder.

ambrosia ananas said...

Al Gore is definitely the most important link, here.

Janssen said...

Hilarious and awesome post!

Jenny said...

I laughed so hard about Al Gore. Was not expecting that one.

The Holyoaks said...

Al Gore. You see, this is why I love you and keep coming back to your blog. That and the fact that I feel a moral obligation to do so since I've seen some of your most secret talents. Yeah, you know the one I'm talking about.

Anonymous said...

This post is absolutely pregnant with funny items. It sure is a swell post -- made me giggle like a baby.

Steve, Amy and Company said...

I JUST KNEW there was a reason that I was working at I.S.

Anonymous said...

Ambrosia convinced you to start a blog? She was the one who convinced me to start a blog.

She was also the one who convinced me to stop writing in my blog.