Vanity


As long as I'm making recommendations, I have to put in a word for my favorite jeans store, Vanity. If I got only two things out of my roommateship with Brozy, one would be El Azteca (she introduced me to their nachos) and the other would be jeans from Vanity. (Note: El Azteca makes it harder to fit into jeans from Vanity.)

Vanity is a little trashy store. It's even more trashy because I usually go to the one in the Valley Fair Mall. So trashy, trashy, trashy. BUT every Vanity, no matter where it's located, has a huge selection of jeans. And they often have lots and lots of jeans on sale. Their off-sale price averages at about $40. Their on-sale price is typically from $10-$20.

And this is the MOST IMPORTANT PART: Vanity offers a variety of LENGTHS for every pair of their jeans. I have awful, short legs. This means that finding pants is really hard for me. But at Vanity, I can choose the length that works for me. I have friends (Ambrosia) with long legs. Once I even borrowed a pair of Ambrosia's jeans, and even with high heels on, there was probably about 5 extra inches of pant leg. (I borrowed them only for as long as it took to try them on, laugh at the ridiculous length, and find a pair of my own pants.) The lengths range from, I think, 29-35. That's a pretty big range in my opinion.

And yes, Vanity is a trashy store, but I really think that most of their jeans are cute and unique. And I get lots of compliments on them by non-trashy people. And so I highly recommend the store, with only two warnings: 1) Sometimes their stretchy jeans are just way too stretchy, so I try to be picky, and 2) Most of their jeans are extremely low-rise and you think that they're going to fall off your butt, and they will unless you're wearing a belt. So wear a belt. But seriously, buy Vanity jeans.




(Notice my office is looking slightly more sparse? Have I mentioned I'm leaving my job? Sob!)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip! I will definitely check them out next time I need jeans.

jeri said...

You look hot in your jeans! I need to go to Vanity because I usually need a 33 inch length and I've only ever found it at Express

Hannah said...

I am in the market for some jeans, so I will have to go there. I have never been in that store before...

They look great on you, by the way!

MTDA said...

Naming your store after one of the 7 deadly sins is tricky, I suppose it works for a store like this.

I just want to see a Golden Corral type restaurant called 'Gluttony'

I am sure that a lot of people would still go.

Anyway, I do like the way these jeans look on you, that's why I tried to find the maternity equivalent. According to you I succeeded.

Anonymous said...

Holy major life changes, Batman! We have much to discuss!

Rynell said...

Just wait until the need for uber stretchy paneled jeans arises. Vanity tends to go out the window. ;) But it's for (obviously) good reasons and only a temporary blip in your fashion sense.

hairofgold said...

yah, you do have a lot of vanity.

lilcis said...

Um, no I don't believe you HAVE mentioned that you're leaving your job. At least, not to your internet blog stalkers. Unless I somehow missed it with all the other exciting announcements that have been made lately. What's the deal? Are you getting a head start on becoming a SAHM?

ambrosia ananas said...

Vanity is pretty great. (Our former coworker M introduced me to their jeans. So many good things came from that job.) Also, they do fall right off my butt. All the time. It's embarassing. I should wear a belt, but I'm afraid it will make me look fat(ter).