I can tell it's gonna be a good one...

So for those of you who are interested, I did actually take the PS100 exemption exam on Monday. Not because I thought I was going to pass it but because I thought I'd like to know where I stood in my PS100 knowledge and because it would give me an idea of what to expect on the final exam I'll take in a month or so. I got 40 percent. What bothers me about that is that I know that if I had actually followed through with my scientific experiment, I would have had at least 60 percent. But I'm not going to think about that too much. The point is, I'm enrolled in the class and I'm just going to have to deal with it. And I'm going to have to improve my final exam score, because apparently 50 percent is a "pass" for PS100.

Today was my first midterm. Yes, I'm lazy and I didn't study for it. I figured if I got 40 percent on the exemption exam and if I got 70 percent on this section's pretest, then I could pass this test just fine. I walked into the testing center at 4:15 and started to walk up the steps and stopped a moment to look at the testing center hours. Huh. Apparently on Fridays, they're only open till 5:00. And they don't hand any tests out after 4:00.

Yeah. So I got a 0 percent on my first test. Nice.

At least I know that if the grade on my final exam is higher than the other grades (homework, quizzes, and tests) then that's the grade I get for the class. So this means that I have to work extra hard this term to make sure that I pass that freaking final. Because, you know, I'd kindof like to graduate.

9 comments:

Cicada said...

And I'm not entirely sure what the title of the post has to do with the content, but that doesn't really matter, now does it?

Anonymous said...

Dear Magoo,

I've had a very slow day today at work, so I've decided to work my way back through your lovely posts starting with the most recent. I just read the January 16, 2006 entry entitled: I'm a Writer. I must say that I had to put the website away twice for fear that my coworkers would notice my odd breathy snickering and come by to ask what was so funny about the C++ code that I was writing. Well, since I think I've read all of the entries since then, I was wondering if you have any updates on those stories. (Of course, I could have completely missed it if an update was posted, since I'm reading these in reverse order and probably wouldn't catch the reference.)

Love,
Magoo

P.S. I hate that stupid testing center!

Cicada said...

Dear Magoo,

You should email me. Email me at [firstname].[lastname]@gmail.com. I'm in SLC right now and I wish you were, too. We could get together and hang out. Also, a friend of yours is helping me in my job hunt. I'm sure you'll want to hear all about it. I'm thrilled that you're reading my blog instead of writing C++ code. Write me.

Love everlastingly,
Magoo

Cicada said...

Oh, and Magoo...

Springboard Diving
Police Beat

Also, some day our story about vending machines will be posted. But most of our stories will never be posted. You know what I'm talking about, and so does Dirtbag.

Anonymous said...

I can't remember half of the bad stuff we did at BYU. I think I've repressed most of those memories. My only concern is that they'll suddenly come back to me during one of my polygraphs and then I'll get fired.

Anonymous said...

Here's a tip, for what it's worth: My secret to passing P.S. 100 was going into the TA labs not before but after each test, viewing the test I took, and making notes therefrom (which is permitted, by the way). That's how I prepared for the final.

Natalie Gordon said...

In Math 119, I actually got 15% on the final - and it was multiple choice. So, statistically, I could have guessed and done better than I did by actually attempting to solve the problems and choose the best answer. Somehow (interpret that as 'by sucking up to the professor') I got a C-. Good enough to graduate! Whoo - hoo! Although now I am considering a Masters Degree, and Math 119 is a pre-req, so I'm going to have to take it again, go to class and study. Damn.

Jenny said...

I got a 33% on the Math 110 final and passed the class. It was an all time low in my academic career but I still got a D in the class and was able to graduate.

Rural Dee said...

No matter whether you pass or fail, you will always be a good cook to me. ::hug::