Weekend Update


We had a great weekend. I love General Conference weekend. Sometimes I wonder if I should just convert to a televangelist sort of church. I mean, what's better than attending church in your pajamas?

In addition to conference, we prepared the baby's room for.... Switchback! Just in time for her arrival, we got our crib set up (donated by Murray's aunt) and put all of the gender-neutral bedding on. The room is looking more and more like a baby's room every day. Switchback didn't sleep in the crib. She slept in the bed beside the crib. I guess she's all about the big-girl comforts.

Today I go in for my diabetes education. Yikes! After 3:00 today, my diet will have completely changed. So today, I celebrated my last day of ignorance by having a well rounded breakfast:

2 pieces of pumpkin bread, slathered with Nutella (to my credit, I used half whole wheat flour and replaced all the oil with apple sauce...)
1 hard boiled egg
1 glass orange juice

I have been trying my best this weekend to eat all of my Nutella, and I didn't even eat half. Dang. I have a feeling the rest of it is going to go to waste... or at least wait for me for the next three months.

9 comments:

Christina said...

So I really like that bedding... any idea where it's from? Or if they'll be selling any in three years when I want some?

Cicada said...

The bedding is from Target, by Dwell studios. I also love their boy bedding, and we were sorely tempted, but it's basically $100 to buy everything, and we really didn't want to have to buy all new bedding for the next baby if she decides to be a girl.

alishka babushka said...

i would be more than willing to help you finish off your Nutella. love that stuff.

Petit Elefant said...

blech. diabetes training is the pits. add that to your daily blood sugar journal and finger pricking, and you have yourself a good time!

Unknown said...

I'd also be happy to give that Nutella a good home. What are friends for, right?

Sposita said...

I'm so glad to see you using the Dwell Baby stuff! It is so adorable! I wish Target had had that line when I was having my first (they have greatly improved in the last 5 years).

MTDA said...

At least I won't be eating any of it in front of you. Bleech...the look of it is enough to keep me away.

Anyway, you will receive proper support from me during this time, I can guarantee you that.

Rynell said...

Gestational diabetes--blech. I can say that some authority now that I've had it three times.

Sarah said...

That is very cute bedding - I was tempted by that myself. But then I decided - no I will get the cute boy stuff that I love. Then... this baby decided to be a girl. So I had to buy more stuff. I wasn't as smart as you on the gender-neutral stuff.