Scientific Experiment

Observation: Physical Science 100 is an expensive course when considering the following: Not taking PS100 will result in at least a $300 reduction in tuition. This decreased course load will allow a student to work 40 hours a week instead of 20 hours a week. Thus, not taking PS100 results in a decrease in tuition and an increase in income.

Hypothesis: A non-science-minded student who has not studied anything related to science for the last four or five years can dedicate an entire weekend to reading and studying the Physical Science 100 textbook and pass the PS100 exemption exam on Monday, July 3 with at least 60 percent.

Method: The student will immediately go to the library as soon as she finishes this post, study till the library closes at 10:00 p.m., and determine what progress has been made at that point. If the student is confident that she can make it through all the course work during the weekend (or at least know 60 percent of the course work really well), the student will take the exemption exam on Monday, July 3.

Variables: The student's success will depend on her ability to read and understand a huge amount of information this weekend. This experiment does not anticipate being able to tell what effect the prayers of the student and the student's friends and family will have on her exam performance.

Results: Wait for Monday, July 3.

4 comments:

Carina said...

After a seven year absence from math of any sort, I studied for a week and passed the Math 97 test by the skin of my teeth. It was rough, but worth not sitting in class for the term.

Hmm...did I mention that I am married to a guy who nearly has a Math degree, and my other tutor was my friend who happened to be teaching the Math 97 course in which I was enrolled? So all you need are the best scientific minds in a two mile radius of campus to help you. Good luck!

John said...

So what are the results??

Anonymous said...

I should've taken the challenge exam to get out of the class. Instead I signed up for the online version, put in about fifteen minutes of work each week (and was earning a solid D+), and then took the final and got an A.

If I had known how easy the final was, I would've taken it at the beginning of the semester and saved myself a valuable fifteen minutes each week.

Anonymous said...

I did the same thing as you, Squirrel, except I got a 66% on the final. Which turned out to be a C.