The Devil's Child

I was confused to have received a phone call from my mom at almost 10:00 last night. That's almost midnight, you know, and she's... well... she's of age to be a grandma, you know, and she's generally not up or making phone calls that late at night. She told me that Captain Mother (my sister-in-law) had gone into the hospital. At first, I was scared and worried---for about one second---before I remembered that Captain Mother going to the hospital was a good thing. To be sure, I clarified and asked, "In a good way?"

The baby was coming.

I asked if it was insensitive to go and see a movie right then, because Viper was buying tickets. She said that the baby wouldn't come while I was in the movie anyway, so I should go for it. Then I realized (my mom and Captains Fabuloso and Mother all realized this already) that if the baby didn't come before midnight... it would be a 6-6-6 baby. Ooooooooooo.

Captain Fabuloso had told my mother that if the baby came on 6-6-6, he'd name it Billy Bob, because that was clearly the anglicized version of Beelzebub.

I kept my phone in my lap during the movie so I could see it light up if my mom sent me a text message. It lit up during the credits because she was calling. I answered and she told me that Kian was born at 11:55. Apparantly he really did not want to be a devil baby.

So I am now officially an auntie. And my parents are now officially grandparents!

I'll post pictures later. Right now, I'm just going to hop on the freaking bus and make the trip up to SLC!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

ambrosia ananas said...

Second that.

Carina said...

Hooray! A new person! They're so fun!

Anonymous said...

Kian's pretty smart to not want to be named Billy Bob. He came just in time.

Snow Whiteley said...

Congratulations on your new nephew!

Glad he doesn't have to deal with the whole 6-6-06 birthday thing. I think that would be a pain to have to hear comments your whole life.

Nemesis said...

You are going to LOVE being an auntie, I can tell you that. Start playing your cards right and you'll be the absolute favorite in no time! :-)

Mrs. Hass-Bark said...

Ooh! It's so much fun!!! I can hardly wait to see pictures.

Carina said...

If I may recommend, my sister, in her effort to out-Aunt her competition, had a few pictures silk-screened onto a bunch of onesies for her favorite nephew.

Do with that what you will.

Mary said...

Congratulations! Get ready to fall in love with Kian! You'll become obsessive and jealous in no time!

Natalie Gordon said...

The Billy Bob/Beelzebub thing made me laugh so hard I almost fell off my chair, and my son asked me "What is so funny?" And I didn't want to explain, so I lied and said, "Nothing."

Congratulations!!! I am sure you are ALREADY the favorite aunt. Because HELLO! You're adorable.

xoxo