Clutching onto My Youth

A couple days ago Murray and I were talking about Macauley Culkin and how on the Oscars, he looked like a tiny boy, not much older than when he was in Home Alone. Really. I mean, he looks like a teenager at best. So then we were trying to figure out how old he was. I said I remembered him being almost my age but slightly older.

Murray said, "I think he may be 30."

My first thought was, "He is not THAT much older than me." And then I remembered. I turn 30 this year.

(I can remember my mom's 30th birthday.)


-- Posted from my iPhone, with apologies for any typos.

4 comments:

The Holyoaks said...

old geezer!

Sarah said...

I feel the same way - I still feel like I just barely left high school... (don't say I did)

Jen Davies, Ed.D., CCC-S, RP(Qualifying) said...

30 isn't so bad. It's when stores start asking me if I want the seniors' discount that I'm only sort of looking forward to.

SheBloggs said...

Great blog, I was reading some past ones and what a wonderful collection of stories from our life! Hopefully mine will grow as such..