Get up, get dressed.


Well, I've been working independently now for almost a week. I haven't made a dime, of course, but I feel like I'm really close. Really, really close. I'm coming to find that I hate setting prices and I hate negotiating. It's all just so uncomfortable. Oh well.

I haven't been doing the best at my get up and brush my teeth and shower goal. But I think that'll get better. I told Murray this morning that without my commute, I still don't feel like I magically have extra time, and he suggested that maybe it's because I'm sleeping away that time. Good point. But it takes 10 hours a night to incubate a baby properly, doesn't it? At least I don't reach a mid-afternoon slump. But the laundry is piled up around the house and we still haven't unpacked, and the dishes are stacked to the ceiling. But hey. I've actually been preparing meals.

So basically this new life is going to take some getting used to. I didn't do my hair this morning. I don't think that the bandanna counts, necessarily, but I'm calling it good. Anyone who's known me for a while knows that the bandanna is a summer staple for me anyway, due to the fact that I'm a head sweater, so basically no haircut is going to look good during the summer months.

10 comments:

MTDA said...

Never mind your unkemptness, Somebody stole my Rothko that should be behind you in that picture!!

Call the police! Call that Texan man I told you about earlier today that takes matters into his own hands...

Or maybe you moved it because of the fumes. Oil paint fimes and pregnant women shouldn't mix.

Sorry about that.

The Holyoaks said...

I think you look hot. Pregnancy totally gets you ready for children: accepting you can't keep up with the house, laundry, etc. are just parts of the phemonenon. Heavenly Father was so smart by making us have to pee so many times in the middle of the night! He wants us to get used to sleepless nights before the little squirts arrive.

Saule Cogneur said...

A bandana counts as mucho effort in my book. The only attention my hair ever gets is during my weekly shower.

Carina said...

I hope the chemo works.

Carina said...

p.s. Rothko is a genius.

Anonymous said...

I remember complaining to you about the lack of structure that comes with working from home when I started reviewing courses.

You told me to put on my swimsuit every morning as my uniform and go to the pool for work time. I could swim laps on my 10 minute breaks. So, there you go!

noelle said...

you have a real rothko????????? if so i'm coming to steal it!

Rachie said...

I find it hard to set prices for new clients too. I'm afraid they'll think I'm too expensive even though I'm a steal compared to other indexers. Hang in there and keep rockin' that bandana!

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Haven't been here for a while and scrolled through recent posts. Your Houston pics made me wax nostalgic for a moment--we lived there for five years--until I remembered that it is probably 100/100 today. That is 100 degrees and 100 percent humidity. Nice.

My favorite part of an old post--the "ambush pap smear." This happens every first-baby visit to me. It is like "wait a minute! I just came in here to get confirmation of my great news and to be congratulated and loved and you are getting out the cold speculum!" Doctors are pretty much sadists.

Kristi said...

Heh - at least you're getting used to it now. Having a new baby and postpartum hormones and suddenly quitting the job and staying home was a shocker for me.

And I say, enjoy the chance to be barefoot and pregnant and to take naps or sleep in or ignore the housework! All too soon your alarm clock will sleep in the next room and, sadly, there's no snooze button!