Sincerity at its Sincerest

Because I am a responsible woman, I did the responsible thing and made an appointment for my pap test. I underwent the whole ordeal a couple of weeks ago and because I have at least the tiniest ounce of propriety, I won't discuss the details of that appointment.

I will, however, share that during my appointment, I had this to look at on the wall in front of me:


(Okay, not really, but there was a picture of a little girl with her eyes wide and her mouth open, which was funnier/even worse than The Scream. And even though I had my camera in the room with me, and I was all alone barely swathed in sheets of paper, I didn't want to take the picture for fear of 1) getting caught and being considered a freak show and 2) catching the reflection of my scantily paper-clad self in the photo.)

During the visit, the NP became concerned that I may have thyroid disease. It runs in my family. She ordered blood work and told me I'd have the results in about two weeks. Yesterday, I received this letter in the mail:


It scares me to think what they would have sent me if my blood test had not, actually, been normal.


12 comments:

Unknown said...

It's almost like medical Mad-Libs!

natali said...

that is my moms doctor. she is good i hear. they always call if its bad news. but if its good news a nice post card works.

natali said...

there should also be a line that says sure you hope you have insurance. xoxo your doctor.

MTDA said...

all I know is, that's some fine looking blur you did on those names and number.....the work of a true artiste.

...okay and your post was very funny as usual.

Mrs. Hass-Bark said...

I kind of wish it had been The Scream. I'm just saying...

Cicada said...

Oh good heavens! I didn't mention that Murray blurred out the names and phone number because I can't make PhotoShop work for the life of me. He really is the best.

N.F. said...

Be very, very, VERY careful when it comes to thyroid anything. The main thing I've learned through my ordeal (thyroid cancer and 2 surgeries) is to NOT BELIEVE anything when doctors tell you your results "are normal". What is "normal" to one doctor isn't normal to another. Plus, each lab is different with what their "normal" range should be.

PLEASE request a copy of your labs so that YOU in fact will know what your TSH is. It's pretty NOT COINCIDENTAL for them to mention thyroid problems and then say you are normal. SO SO SO SOOOO many people go untreated with thyroid problems for YEARS...for just this same issue.


OK. I'm going to get off my soap box now. :)

MTDA said...

So, I wasn't fishing for a compliment on my blurring abilities, but I'll take it.

N.F. said...

Mad-Libs RULE.


I'm just sayin.

Jenny said...

I think that means you need to switch offices.

Th. said...

.

Heh heh.

Though I'm shocked to here you can't use Photoshop.

That makes no sense to me at all.

Nicholas said...

wow, as a doctor-to-be this is pretty pertinant to me. Where can I get some notes like that? Do they sell pads that have all diseases already on there? I would hate to have to write anything. This message, in fact, is too long already.