Careful Texting

It's come to my attention that I need to be really, really careful when it comes to texting with my relatively new phone. Predictive text used to be so straight forward! To write "me," I'd press 63 and get "of," which I'd then have to switch to "me."

My new phone is slightly smarter, though. I'm not sure how it works, but it either remembers the last version of "63" that I keyed in, or it remembers which version of "63" I use most often. Either way, it's clear that I text other people about me more than I texts others of other things.

(As an aside, I may say that predictive text became popular while I was on my mission. After my mission, I was talking on the phone with my Italian trainer, who was complaining about predictive text being stupid and pointless. "It never has the words I need," she said. "Like fascists. It doesn't even know the word fascists." I asked her what kind of text messages she was sending that required the word fascists...)

Now it's becoming clear to me what kind of text messages I send. I start keying in 26627 and sooner than you can say comas, the word "boobs" appears.

And it doesn't end there. I key in 46 and before I get "in," the word "ho" appears on my screen. Earlier today, I wasn't paying close attention to what I was texting about hemming pants and (wisely) read the message before sending it: "In my mission sisters were forbidden to sex for the elders."

While the above message was absolutely true (and I believe applicable to all missions) I really meant to say that the sisters were forbidden to sew for the elders.

So to all of you whom I text, please forgive me if I send you lewd messages. I really don't mean to tell you about my comas or my sew skills.

11 comments:

TOWR said...

LOVE the new layout! LOVE IT!!!

You know you can *always* send me dirty text messages. Somebody's got to... I can't keep sending them to myself.

Michael Paul Bailey said...

That's odd, in my mission, the sisters were encouraged to sex for the elders. You had a really restrictive mission.

By the way, I love the new look to the blog.

N.F. said...

The new look is COOL!

On the texting note: I just wish people in my neck of the woods would text. Sigh. All my friends (they are older, maybe it's a generation thing? And, by older, I mean the next generation gap in the single adults) say it's "too expensive" to text. (10 freaking cents people!)

So, there's only 1 person who texts me...and, well...he's NOT from CA originally! And, he's my same age!

I might need new friends. I'll get back to you on that.

Anonymous said...

What's worse is, sending a text to the person you were actually writing the text about. I used to do that a lot.

I also like the new layout.

Mary said...

Does your clever ever stop, missy?

i i eee said...

I love the new layout as well!

Dirty texts can get one in trouble. ;)

Melyngoch said...

Curses. I was so hoping for a mission where I could sex for the elders.

Suzie1 said...

Well, you remember what happened to a certain Suzie when letting her guard down whilst texting. :)

Christina said...

Also love the layout! If I knew anything about HTML (or however it is that you can customize your blog) I would be inspired to recreate mine as well.

But I don't, so mine will just have to stay inferior to yours.

Snow Whiteley said...

Love, love, love the new layout.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious. I'm pretty sure the sisters weren't allowed to sex for the elders in my own mission either. In fact, nobody was allowed to sex for anybody. Kind of a shame, really. I mean, I'm sure sexing is quite lovely--you know, once you've found the right person for whom to sex and all that.