Chocolate Chip Cookies

Some people who came last night asked for my chocolate chip cookie recipe. I thought that was funny since these are the chocolate chip cookies I've been eating my whole life and it's such a basic recipe. But here they are in all their glory:

2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2/3 C shortening
2/3 C butter
1 C white sugar
1 C brown sugar

Mix above ingredients.

Add:

3 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips

Bake at 350 F for 10-11 minutes or until they start to brown at the bottoms.

Invite a bunch of your friends over. Serve pina coladas.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

My friend made those cookies like twice a week my freshman year of college. People all over the apartment complex would knock on her door if they smelled the cookies baking. I think the shortening makes it so you can eat like twice as much of those than the other chocolate chip ones.

kellyroxanne said...

so when are you going to market a collection of all your fabulous recipes? (and will you autograph my copy?)

thanks!

i i eee said...

Oh man...I should have driven to Provo, because I was sooo craving yummy chocolate chip cookies last night. *drools*

Suzie1 said...

You do make a tasty margarita if memory serves! You're a mighty fine hostess. I wish I had been able to come. :( But maybe we can enjoy some delicious virgin drinkies when you move up to the SLC. I'll invite you to my house next time. ;)

Limon said...

pina coladas and cool, refreshing, planty mojico

Jordy said...

Where is Cicada?