We are freaks!

So every year, I get a genius halloween idea that is so nichy that it would only lend itself well to an office party among people who are in my same field. You remember the Scare Quotes idea. (OOooo, I just thought this would go well if done by two people. One person is dressed scary and the other is dressed nerdy. Each of them has quotation marks on either side of their head. When people ask the scary one what he/she is, he/she says "I'm scare quotes. BOO!" When people ask the nerdy one what he/she is, he/she says, "I'm smart quotes, stupid." Hahahahaha! It's ingenious. And I will never be able to use it! Someone please use this idea!)

Last year, too little too late, I got the idea that Murray, the future child, and I could dress for Halloween as CMYK, RGB, and FFFFFF! So all year long, I've kept this in mind, finally collecting a piece of cyan clothing just barely! Yay! I had Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black to wear! It was going to be perfect! Until, that is, Murray put the kaibash (sp?) on it the DAY BEFORE Peter and Jennie's annual Halloween party when we had absolutely no time to develop any other costumes or ideas. He said (and rightly so) that absolutely no one would get it, it would be too much explanation with absolutely no payoff when people learned what it was.

Okay. So back to the drawing board. We had to figure out a family-themed costume and FAST.

A shopping trip, some fake fur and hair, and a few staples later, we became a family of circus freaks. Murray was the armless man. I was the bearded lady. And Gulliver was wolf boy. Genius! And we even claimed third prize at the party!

6 comments:

TheMoncurs said...

Murray's face was MADE for that mustache.

Unknown said...

At first I thought Murray was William Howard Taft. I don't know if that was intentional, but you have to admit that the similarity is rather striking.

Also, the word you want is kibosh.

Debbie Barr said...

That's really fun! I'm sorry your CMYK look didn't turn out, though. Your quotation mark idea is fabulous. I wish I was the sort of person to actually make it. :)

KJ said...

i hurt from laughing so hard. and for what it's worth, I would have understood the cmyk thing. even though I'm not a cool, hip designer.

Tin said...

Yeah. I'm going to join the chorus of people who believe Murray needs to make that mustache a permanent feature. If only so we can say he is well-mustachioed (it is a real word - google didn't even underline it in red when I typed it).

Sarah Heder said...

I'm kind of a huge Halloween freak with costumes myself and I might have to steal this idea for a future Halloween. Very creative! This year, I'm disappointed in myself, but let's just say I won't be winning any awards. My brain just hasn't been functioning lately and my costume is a bit lame. Oh well! There's always next year!