Booyah!


Okay. So I know that typically I don't write about specific work projects on this blog, because I try to keep as anonymous as possible. And I know I don't do a great job of being very anonymous. So this time, without actually saying my name, I'll at least let you know that I've just finished a project that I am very excited about. I was contacted back in September about doing illustrations for a children's card game. I jumped at the opportunity! I've never done anything like this before, and I felt that in addition to being incredibly fun, it would also be a great way to diversify my portfolio. So without further ado, here are some images from Booyah! by Olivia.

The card game is fun and family friendly. Anyone over 5 can grasp the concept and play. And since there's no strategy involved (it's just luck) then kids and adults can play together and all have fun!

If you're looking for a unique stocking stuffer this year, this game is a good find! Plus, a dollar from each purchase is donated to charity. So, you know, you can feel extra good about buying this game: 1) you're supporting me and 2) you're supporting charity and 3) you're buying a game that a little girl invented and she's going to love you forever for buying a copy. Go you!!

Pre-order yours today at booyahbyolivia.com! They should be available by Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

MTDA said...

I can't believe I know someone that illustrated a card game. I love your work!

I also can't believe you didn't get any props on your blog except for me. Just because we are married doesn't mean my opinion isn't valid. It is one of the best things you have done, in my opinion.

Cicada said...

Thank you, MTDA. At least I know that you will always love me.

brinestone said...

I can't believe I never commented on this. Stunningly good work. I swear, other people I know are designers, and everyone says what great work they do, and I can't ever honestly agree because I know you and what kind of work you do. It sets a standard that few can compete with.