Another Grandpa Story

If I start telling Grandpa stories, I run the risk of never actually running out of Grandpa stories. That's not such a bad thing. Anyway, I am really regretting not sharing this gem last week when I posted about Grandpa.

Back when we all lived in Canada, we had a cottage on a lake near our city. We built the cottage ourselves (as in, we hired someone ourselves to build it) and right next to our cottage we built a small one-room cottage for my grandparents. We called it Amich Lodge, which is the name of the place where they honeymooned. During the summers, my grandparents basically lived at the cottage. For a long time, we didn't have plumbing, so if you wanted to bathe, you needed to do so in the lake.

When my parents moved to the States, they had to sell the cottage. Luckily, family friends bought it from us, so when we've returned to Canada for visits, we've been able to visit our cottage, too.

Last time that Dad went up to visit, he took Grandpa on a drive out to the cottage. He hadn't told Grandpa that he was planning on swimming out there. So when they got there, Dad got on his suit and told Grandpa that he was going for a swim. Dad swam out a ways into the lake and when he looked back, Grandpa was buck naked, walking into the lake with his cane.

The next day when they went to visit the cottage again, Grandpa packed his suit and a bar of soap.

Here's a picture of the cottage in winter.



Here's a google satellite view of the cottage.


Here's a picture of my grandpa going naked into the lake.

8 comments:

Shop Girl* said...

CICADA.

I just read this post out loud to Spart and we nearly died laughing. Thank you for posting it. haha

Unknown said...

I feel so dirty for clicking on that link.

Also, your grandpa was quite the handsome young buck.

MTDA said...

Again....I should have had more respect for your grandpa by not clicking on that link, but I got my come-uppins because apparently I am a pervert.

TOWR said...

Haha! That's awesome!

n said...

grandpa was a hunk.

KT said...

Ha ha ha. Apparently I'm a pervert too. I didn't really think you'd post a nudie pic of Grandpa but I was curious what you'd put instead. A great white angel perhaps...

As much as going back to being a teenager is my definition of hell, I frequently long for a lazy day, laying (or is it lying, I never know) on the hammock at the cottage. That is my idea of heaven. =>

Anonymous said...

my crap you're funny.

Nemesis said...

Have I told you lately how hot your Grandpa is? Because, yeah. Still true. Which is why I clicked on the link and then choked on food. Thanks!