Makes Me Happy

Picture the stereotypical Utah Valley girl. You know the one---straight, long, blond hair; really thin; very beautiful; probably fairly ditzy.

Now picture the stereotypical grandma. The one who's skinny, tiny, and has short, curly grey hair.

Two weeks ago, I saw the stereotypical Utah Valley girl driving a huge Geneva steel truck.

Today I saw the stereotypical grandma driving a semi.

It's small things like this that really make me happy. I mean, how cool is it to break out of your stereotype and do something completely unexpected?

4 comments:

stupidramblings said...

How right you are. I mean look at me! I'm illiterate, and yet I write stuff. And people read it.

Carina said...

I found out that vanilla Shauna Lake on KUTV considers avant-garde Charlotte Martin to be her favorite musician. Lake also loves Ayn Rand. It's like all my stereotypes of boring as bricks anchors, with intellects to match, have flown out the window.

ambrosia ananas said...

My grandma is a truck driver. But you already know that. And she looks less like a grandmother and more like she could be my mother. Which would make my mother more like my older sister, I guess.

Melyngoch said...

mmm . . . huge Geneva steel trucks . . .