What I Learned about Goats at the Utah State Fair
1) Goats are adorable. The ones that love me, anyway. That's most of them, according to Miss Nemesis, who called me the Goat Whisperer. I want a goat.
2) Clean goats feel like velvet.
3) Goats sometimes have lop-ears. Sometimes they have no ears.
4) Goats are affectionate. And sweet.
5) Some goats have tassels on their necks. These are soft and could be harvested as lucky rabbit's feet.
6) Goats blow their noses on Murray when he tries to pet them.
What I Learned about Goats on My Mission in Italy
1) Goats don't taste good.
2) Goat cheese tastes good.
What I've Concluded
1) I should get a pet goat, make cheese, and not eat the goat.
And now, the lyrics to a song Grandpa would sing when we were growing up.
Oh Patty McGinty, an Irishman of note,
Came into a fortune and bought himself a goat.
"A goat's milk! A goat's milk! I'm sure to have me fill!"
But when he brought his nanny home, he found it was a bill.
written by Cicada on Tuesday, September 11, 2007