Today is a sad day. Today is my first day in over two weeks without my mom. So I spent it reading the parenting books that she left behind for me. Here is a list of some of the things my mom did while she was here:
* Made lots of meals, including lunches and breakfasts, and some freezer meals.
* Organized my freezer and stocked my fridge.
* Organized the bathrooms and cleaned them.
* Laundry. Again and again and again.
* Sewed covers for my pillows so that I can have a more wintery living area (my pillows were too spring/summery).
* Helped me to overcome my fear of hanging things on walls.
* Sewed a boppy pillow cover.
* Helped organize the office.
* Organized the laundry room.
* Organized the under-stairs storage.
* Knit most of a blanket.
* Watched some fun movies with me.
I'm sure there are many things that I'm forgetting---not the least of which was to give me advice on the baby, to take over care of him the first couple nights when I didn't get any sleep, and to talk to me and teach me about being a parent.
It was really wonderful having her here, and a little strange to think that she went through all of this with me when I was the infant 28 years ago.
And the real test of whether or not she was good to have around---at the end of it all, Murray said that he's ready for her to move in with us permanently.
Here are some iPhone pictures of him, so that you can see what he's been up to lately.
(Murray would like to be clear on the fact that it's an arm, not a boob behind him.)