Holga Camera



I have a correction to my last post. Apparently I grossly misunderstood the cost of developing medium format film. It was $13 for the whole roll. Not $13 per print. So I am on speaking terms again with medium format film. I am not, however, on speaking terms with the guy who did a very poor job of explaining that to me in the store. I would not be on speaking terms with Murray, who in deference to my right to hold my own opinions failed to correct my misunderstanding, but it's really hard to mime "Does this recipe have too much cinnamon? Or do I just need to add some more currents?"

Yesterday, we got our Holga camera photo shoot back and I am very pleased. We even found a couple shots that I wouldn't mind framing. These are from Art City Trolley, where we went for our second date. So this restaurant is cool because 1) it is a trolley, 2) it is in Springville, aka Art City, and 3) it is where we went at the wee beginnings of our relationship.

5 comments:

MTDA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MTDA said...

I like Holga cameras if only because it seemingly takes pounds of me, which I have to say pleases me.

I also love to have photo adventures with such a cool girl that I happened to be married to.

Natalie Gordon said...

These pictures are so cool - very 1940s. BTW - What is a Holga camera?

daltongirl said...

Photo adventures with your spouse are fun!

I have been wanting a Holga . . . maybe someday when I finally achieve Nirvana (read: become just like you).

ambrosia ananas said...

So cool. That's a great picture of you.