Cleaning checks

My room has been getting more and more disastrous. I go home with the intention of cleaning it every day, but then I get distracted by stuff like making blankets, sewing ribbon onto lamp shades and Horatio Hornblower. The lamp shade (two words?) is done now. The blanket is done for the moment, but I can add on to it later. When I find my camera (see aforementioned dirty room), I'll even take pictures and post them. Like anyone cares... I think the only people who read this blog (my roommate) already know exactly what they look like. And exactly like what all the scrap thread looks like... scattered all over our recently-vacuumed floor and our couch.

All my creative energy lately has been completely channeled into decorating my new apartment. I go to bed at night, disappointed that I've already figured out the perfect place for my flowers, posters, furniture... it seems that I've made all the decisions and have only left to wait till I move and implement all my ideas. I go to bed at night, afraid that my living room will clash with my kitchen. Can I really decorate one room with loud reds, oranges and yellows to then go and decorate the next in blue and white? I'm afraid that the living room will clash with the kitchen will clash with my bedroom. The bedroom should be all neutral tones, decorated with art from Italy. Why can't I just stop thinking about it till I actually move in to the place and take a look at things?

I haven't been writing lately. No poetry. No stories. No essays. No articles. No blogs, even. And it's not even for lack of ideas. It's simply because I'd rather sit down and think what colors of ribbons to sew onto a lamp shade than sit and write about anything.

Tonight I'll clean, though. No lamp shade, no blanket. Just cleaning.

2 comments:

ambrosia ananas said...

Mmmhmmm. And you sleep with loads of clean clothes in your bed. Not like my side of the room is any better. In fact, my side makes your side look pristine.

What you need is a new focus for the next month until you get into the other apartment. Wait, I know--you could start figuring out how to decorate your brother's room. :)

Cicada said...

That is SUCH a good idea... Do you think that we should get him a manly plaid bed spread? Where can I get inexpensive sheets? Is green in his bedroom too cliche?