I finally got an idea, and I've been working towards that. I have pictures that I'd love to share, but you have to understand that this is still a beta room. (Please note that my bedroom is not the master bedroom, so you cannot call my room a master beta. El Senor's room is the master beta.) It's a concept that I like and that I'm working with, but there are still lots of things I want to do with it.
First I started with my love of dark wood on green. I'm picky about my shades of green, so I found one that worked for me. Next, I realized that the green went very well with maroon and dusty rose colors, so I covered some old wood shelves with fabric in those shades. Luckily, the dresser I already own is purple, so that works. I've been buying a few accents (if you don't know about Home Goods yet, you need to find out about it because that's where I've done a lot of my shopping---the mirror on the dresser cost me $30) and I'll have to acquire a few more things before this room is done. Read my to-do list if you're interested, and scroll further down to see the beta pictures!
- I'll be upgrading my twin to a full bed, probably in April.
- I'll be changing the window treatments. I'll have a dark brown blind and sheer whispy drapes to hang to either side of the bed.
- I need to acquire pictures to put on my walls.
- I'll probably buy a large shelving unit to go on the far wall.
- I'll replace the bowl chair with a chair that takes less space; possibly something like this, but less expensive.
- I'll make decorative bed pillows, probably in pinks and maroons, possibly out of felt.